RERC Research Projects
- User Needs
This project is investigating what accommodations work best for whom, in what situations, through a series of
studies with CATEA's Consumer Network.
- Longitudinal Study of Cost and Cost-Benefits of Workplace Accommodation
The Burton Blatt Institute and Work RERC are collaborating to identify the changing
needs for and costs / benefits of accommodating workers over time.
- Successful Aging in the Workplace
This project is studying how older adults with disabilities overcome age-related difficulties
with computer work tasks.
- Impact of Policy on Access to and Utilization of Workplace Accommodations
This project is investigating issues of telework as an accommodation vs. accommodations for teleworking,
the impact of aging with a disability in the workplace, and with the Wireless RERC, review
emergency preparedness policies/practices to develop accommodation models for workers with
- Effects of Accommodations on Participation of Employees with Disabilities
With the Mobility RERC, this project is examining the effect of accommodations on
participation of people with mobility disabilities in the workplace.
- Mentored Student Research
- Design Tools - Personas with Disabilities (completed)
- Design Tools - Hand Anthropometrics (completed)
- Usage of Prosthetic Wrist Units to Perform Work Tasks (completed)